Well, yet another year has passed and I still haven’t been paid. Here’s a very brief summary of what happened:
1) I answered an ad on CL to work as an assistant for Nadeea Volianova aka Yana Barsky during Comic Con. (Later learned that Volianova didn’t even have TICKETS to get in to Comic Con! She snuck in.) Most of my job consisted of asking celebrities to pose for photos with her.
2) I performed the duties she requested – above and beyond.
3) When it was time for payment, Volianova, wanted to keep me on for another day. I declined. She stated that her “manager”(whom I later learned was her live-in boyfriend, Brian Takita) was responsible for payment.
4) I contacted Brian Takita. He refused to pay me.
5) I filed a complaint with the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement and won. There is a judgment/order for payment in place.
6) Mr. Takita states, and I quote, “You’ll never see that money.”
7) I then received death threats, via email, from a Mr. Ito Kobiashi.
8) I learned about a year later that one of these three individuals retaliated by posting a FALSE, MALICIOUS RIP OFF REPORT about me.
9) This false, malicious RIP OFF REPORT has been widely destructive in my life.
10) Beware of these individuals and use caution when responding to CL ads. Get everything in writing and know a bit about the individuals with whom you are dealing BEFORE you get into a situation such as this.
11) If you, or someone you know, has had a similar experience with any of the aforementioned individuals please contact me. I continue to take the legal steps required to collect on this debt.
Here’s a link to Brian Takita’s website
Here’s a link to Brian Takita’s Bio
Here are a few more photos of Nadeaa Volianova aka Yana Barsky: